Questions from October 3rd
1) The "Peanuts" comic strip debuted October 2, 1950 and featured 3 characters. Name 2 of them.
2) In "A Charlie Brown Valentine," Charlie Brown is too late to ask the little red-haired girl to dance, who gets to dance the last dance with her?
3) Name 2 of the first 7 papers to carry Peanuts.
4) What is the name of Charlie Brown’s schoolteacher? A) Mrs. Donovan B) Mrs. Nelson c) Ms. Othmar d) Ms. Swanson
5) A Charlie Brown Christmas was originally sponsored (including product placement) by what company?
6) Which of the following accolades was NOT awarded to Charles Schulz? A) Congressional Gold Medal b) inductee into the US Hockey Hall of Fame c) Kennedy Center Honor d) Reuben Award
7) Which Apollo mission named the lunar module Snoopy, and the command module Charlie Brown?
8) Name the third van Pelt child.
9) Who held the ball the FIRST time Charlie Brown failed to kick off? A) Lucy b) Patty c) Violet
10) What jazz legend wrote the world-famous song “Linus and Lucy?”
Dave’s Favorite Sport
1) McGill University is credited with the first modern hockey team, which played its first game in January of 1877. In what Canadian city is McGill University located?
2) What three things make up a Gordie Howe hat-trick?
3) Who was originally slated to play the role of Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot, but fell out of grace with the director before shooting began? A) Robert DeNiro b) Al Pacino c) Donald Sutherland d) Robin Williams
4) What is the only city to be misspelled on the Stanley Cup?
5) The US had their Miracle on Ice in 1980, what year did the Canadian team accomplish a similar feat, defeating the Soviet Team ona last-minute goal in an 8-game series?
6) Sean Avery of the Los Angeles Kings registered the most what of the 05-06 regular season? A) Assists b) goals c) penalty minutes d) points
7) In hockey terminology, where is the slot located?
8) The James Norris Memorial Trophy is awarded to the NHL’s top player in what position?
9) In the Seinfeld episode The Face Painter, what team does David Putty support?
10) Other than the US, what other country did Herb Brooks coach for in the Olympics?
Match the brand of Whiskey to the country where it is distilled.
Bizarro World (movies)
1) Black Hunted White Mind
2) The Veteran
3) Without Me Out Your Legs
4) The Live Loop
5) Common Lake
7) The Bad, The Good, or the Pretty
8) Clean Harriet
Dead or Canadian
New Kids on the Block or New Edition
1) Didn't I Blow Your Mind
2) Popcorn Love
3) She Gives Me a Bang
4) Cover Girl
5) Dirty Dawg
6) Please Don't Go Girl
7) Can You Stand the Rain
8) Mr. Telephone Man
9) This One's For the Children
10) A Little Bit of Love Is All It Takes
A Special Dave's Birthday Picture Round
1) What was the African country of Ghana known as before March 1957?
2) In the movie "Pulp Fiction" which biblical quote was Jules favorite?
3) During the last play of this weekend’s Jets-Colts game, how many times did the Jets lateral? A) 4) b) 8 c) 12
4) According to the laws of optical science, if you shine a blue light on a tomato, what color will it appear to be?
5) What was the name of the mongoose in Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book"?
6) Dave shares his birthday with which Peanuts character? A) Charlie Brown b) Peppermint Patty c) Schroeder d) Snoopy
7) What two countries does Holland share a land border with?
8) Name the Beverly Hillbillies character who had an unrequited love-affair with Jethro Clampett.
9) What is the Japanese legislature collectively known as? A) Canon B) Diet C) Sway D) Usher
10) Djembe, Bendir, Bocu and Rebolo are all types of what?
Tiebreaker: What is the driving distance from the Globe Pub to Clarica Arena, home of the Waterloo Siskins, in Waterloo, Ontario? Express your answer in miles.